Looking for a consultant for anything can be a minefield, finding someone who understands your business / industry, finding someone with the right qualification or simply getting along with the consultant can be a task.
Searching for a cyber security consultant is much the same and you have to ensure they are the right fit for you. Looking locally can help that search to begin with. So, what are the advantages to this?
- A local cyber security consultant knows your locality, specific threats working in the area and usually has links to other security professionals, the police and councils adding to the vast knowledge required to help stop cyber attacks.
- Face to face consulting – meeting your consultant face to face often helps make up your mind who to choose, as well as requiring someone professional and qualified you want to know you can approach them with questions and issues.
- Instant responses. In a time of an attack, you want the added benefit of having someone onsite to help quickly.
Qualifications are also something to look at when choosing your consultant. This will reflect what types of assistance they can supply and what areas they specialise in. As cyber security is such a broad spectrum, you may require several consultants to fully protect your systems.
Understanding your industry. Cyber attacks come in many forms and most of these have been engineered to directly attack a certain industry. CNI (critical national infrastructure), data storage and financial bodies are most at risk of attacks. Cybercriminals are normally looking for a limited number of things when planning an attack; monetary gain, massive disruption or information to sell on. This is why at Citadel we have specialised in these industries and have worked with many companies securing these aspects. Businesses which fall under these categories could be;
- Lawyers / Solicitors
- Electric and Gas supplies
- Water supplies / treatment facilities
- Security Services such as police and military
- Schools, Universities, Colleges
- Building Societies
Citadel have been providing professional, friendly and efficient cyber security services in Lancashire and the surrounding areas for many years and have a proven track record. Being a member of bodies such as The North West Cyber Security cluster allows us to draw on specific security expertise and if something falls out of our wide area are able to recommended other local consultants who we trust can assist you.
We would be very happy if you considered Citadel as your partner when choosing a cyber security consultant in Lancashire, just contact us and we can arrange a meeting or call to discuss your project more in-depth.